Best Dermatologist In Bangalore
At Clinic Next Face, Jp Nagar, Bangalore, leading dermatologists use their medical expertise to offer world-class skin and hair treatments and deliver exceptional results.
Who Is A Dermatologist?
A dermatologist is a medically-qualified professional who specialises in diagnosing and treating over 3000 skin, hair, nail and mucous membrane-related diseases across all age groups, including infants to senior citizens.
What Does A Dermatologist Actually Do?
Here are some of the things a dermatologist does:
- A dermatologist can treat life-threatening conditions like skin cancers and drug allergies.
- They also specialise in minimising aesthetic concerns like acne, hair loss, scars and ageing.
- They can diagnose significant underlying health conditions, including diabetes, renal or liver diseases, and thyroid disorders, by identifying changes in your skin and hair as signs and symptoms.
- Some dermatologists undergo rigorous training to perform major surgical procedures like skin biopsies and removal of cysts or minor ones to eliminate skin tags, warts or moles.
- They also excel at providing advanced non-surgical cosmetic treatments using botulinum toxin, fillers, chemical peels, platelet-rich plasma extractions, lasers and more.
What Are The Qualifications Of A Dermatologist?
Dermatologists in India have the following qualifications:
- They hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree (MBBS) after completing a five-and-a-half-year course, including a year-long internship.
- They have also completed a three-year post-graduation course to become a Doctor of Medicine (MD) specialising in Dermatology.
What Concerns Do Dermatologists Treat?
- Dermatologists can treat an extensive range of concerns that may affect your skin, hair and nail health. Skin is the largest organ of the body and the first line of defence against bacterial and viral infections as it protects your internal organs. It also regulates your body temperature to prevent the adverse effect of climatic changes. Your skin health is a significant indicator of your immunity levels and internal health. A dermatologist can help you enjoy healthy skin and hair by treating the following common concerns:
- Acne Vulgaris
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne Scars –
- Atrophic Scars
- Ice pick scars
- Boxcar scars
- Rolling scars
- Dermatitis –
- Atopic like eczema
- Contact (allergic reaction)
- Seborrheic (dandruff)
- Hair loss of all types and severity –
- Androgenetic alopecia
- Telogen Effluvium
- Alopecia areata
- Involutional alopecia
- Cicatricial alopecia
- Hyperpigmentation, including-
- Age spots
- Dark circles
- Lichen planus pigmentosus
- Macular amyloidosis
- Pigmentary demarcation lines (PDL)
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- Infections bacterial, viral or fungal affecting skin, hair and nails
- Nail concerns like spots, discolouration and separation.
- Skin ageing signs–
- Age spots
- Dull skin
- Fine lines
- Open pores
- Volume loss
- Saggy skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Skin cancer
- Skin Tags
- Spider and Varicose veins
- Unwanted Tattoos
When Should I Visit A Dermatologist?
It is time to visit a dermatologist if you note the following changes in your skin, hair or nail condition:
- A change in the size, colour and shape of moles
- Acute hair thinning and premature balding that could be a result of –
- Genetic factors
- Hormonal imbalance
- Autoimmune disorders
- Poor lifestyle habits
- Drug reactions
- Nutritional deficiency
- Chemical treatments
- Tight hairstyles
- Chronic illnesses
- Painful and recurrent acne that could be worsening due to the below factors –
- Family history
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Improper diet
- Wrong skincare
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and scarring after the acne
- Frequent skin irritation and persistent rashes could be a sign of eczema, contact dermatitis, drug allergy or more
- Increasing discomfort due to varicose veins
- Sudden skin discolouration could be a sign of hormonal disorder or sun damage
- Visible signs of skin ageing
- Scaly patches on the skin may be due to psoriasis
- Scalp infections and dandruff
- Redness of facial skin could be a sign of acne rosacea
- A change in the colour and texture of nails with increased brittleness
Besides the above, an annual screening by a dermatologist to check for skin cancer is a must. A qualified dermatologist can diagnose the type and severity of the concern and holistically treat the underlying cause to provide qualitative results and long-lasting satisfaction.
How Do I Choose The Best Dermatologist?
Here are some key factors you should consider to choose the best dermatologist:
- Qualification, specialisation and experience of the dermatologist
- Customised treatment with a holistic approach
- Safety and efficacy of procedures
- Results and track record
- Pre- and post-care support
- The technology available at their clinic
- Clinic timings, location and reputation
- Client testimonials
- Infrastructural facilities at their clinic in terms of accessibility, privacy and hygiene
- Cost of treatment
- The professionalism of the clinic staff
- Industry awards and media coverage
What Is The Dermatology Consultation Fee In Bangalore?
Most of the derma clinics have a starting charge of 1000/- for just a consultation, where we provide you with a complimentary skin and hair assessment for free.
Sign Up for The Form Below To Get Started.
Where Are You Located In Bangalore?
KALYANI MAGNUM, 2nd Floor, #87, 3rd Main Rd, Road, near M K Ahmed Supermarket, Dollars Colony, Phase 4, J. P. Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078
Ask Our Specialists
Tell us a little more about yourself so we can deal with your enquiry.
Read below what our esteemed clients have to say about us and what makes us the premier provider of skin and hair care services.
Our 91% client satisfaction rate is unparalleled in our field.
Read below what our clients have to say and learn more about what makes us the premier provider of skin and hair care services.